Major Causes of Electrical Fires You Can Avoid by Hiring an Electrician In Mosman
It’s one of the most devastating things that can happen in your home, fire. Thankfully, it’s something that is largely avoidable through routine residential electrical maintenance. Paul’s Electrical Services, an experienced electrician near Mosman, wants you to stay safe, and be able to identify some of the most common causes of residential electrical fires.
Too many appliances along with improper usage of power strips and extension cords is a big one. Did you know that extension cords should ideally only be used short-term? That’s right, you’re supposed to complete your task, then unplug that extension cord and put it away. Leaving it plugged in perpetually increases the risk of overheating, and the chance that a fire could break out spontaneously. Furthermore, reckless actions, like plugging power strips into other power strips, creates massive imbalances in your circuit, which, in turn, could set everything alight.
Another key element in electrical fires is the prevalence of old outlets, ageing wires, and dilapidated panels in your home. These should be updated to ensure their compatibility with modern devices. You should routinely have them inspected to make sure that all the wires are in good condition and not damaged.
You would think such things needn’t be said, but it’s quite surprising how many people ignore these simple safety rules. Don’t be caught unawares, hire us as your electrician in Mosman to keep your residential electrical system running safely and efficiently. Give us a call today on 0409 337 439 to find out more.