More Home Safety Tips from Your Electrician in Rozelle
Electricity is a wonderful aspect of modern life. It powers our homes, brings us light, and forms the bedrock of our contemporary existence. It is also a powerful force which should be treated with care and respect, which is why your electrician in Rozelle, Paul’s Electrical Services, wants you to stay safe with this handy home electricity tips:
- Don’t operate electrical appliances near water. This could create a hazard. Even smaller devices can create sparks or cause electrocution when they come into contact with liquids.
- Don’t stick foreign objects into outlets. Only electrical plugs go into outlets. Most adults know this already, but it’s something that should be emphasised to children as they may not have learned about the consequences just yet. As extra insurance, you may consider outlet covers if you have very young children in the home.
- Use surge protectors. Computers and other such electronics are particularly sensitive, and should be plugged into surge protectors instead of directly in to the wall to prevent damage in case of power surges.
- Check your cords on a regular basis. They could become damaged over time, and you’ll want to repair or replace them immediately to avoid potential danger. This is doubly important if you have pets that are prone to nibbling on things.
- Unplug electrical devices before attempting to clean them. Even when a device is off, it’s connected to electricity until you unplug it. So when you need to clean, make sure the appliance is unplugged so that you minimise the risk of electrocution or fire.
Call an electrician to handle repair work. If you need an electrician in Rozelle or neighboring suburb Balmain, Paul’s Electrical Service should be your first call! Our technicians have unparalleled experience working with all manner of residential electrical issues and are here for you 24/7. Give us a call today on 0409 337 439 if you require an electrician for any domestic work.